On Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2017 15:41:29 Michael Merickel wrote:
> One more thing I should add since you mentioned jinja2 and you may not have
> seen this yet:
>
> https://github.com/domenkozar/pyramid-cookiecutter-jinja2
>
> The pyramid_jinja2 cookiecutter actually has some integrated i18n support
> that works. We have thrown around some ideas on merging that into the
> default starter scaffold [1], but I'm afraid that we don't yet have the
> "best practice" defined and would want it to be synchronized with whatever
> pyramid discusses in its docs [2].
>
> [1] https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid_jinja2/issues/139
> [2] http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/latest/narr/i18n.html

Thanks for the pointers. I've left a comment on the issue and invited Steve to
this thread.

There's one decision to make as the next step:

Does the involved parties agree to leave the translation procedures somewhat
outside the normal workflow and supply a i18n.sh script, accompanied with a
default lingua.cfg file, that checks and proposes to install "lingua" and
"babel", if missing?

"lingua" will be used for extraction, "babel" provides the extraction plugins
for "mako" and "jinja2" templates, that are used by lingua's pot-create
script.

Does anybody foresee any problems with this approach?

Cheers,
Pete