Dear PyTables users and devs,

I tried to figure out, whether PyTables keeps the Indexes up2date with inserts
and updates, or I have to manually call reindex() or reindex_dirty() after
every change or a series of changes, but I couldn't find  any clear statement
in the docs and in the mailing list archives (well, the search functions by
sourceforge is not very helpful)
If the index is always updated automatically: How can this be turned off, to
have accurate performance when applying a bunch of changes?
If the index is "dirty" after every change: Could you write this clearly to the
doc? (The SQL-pages, as also in the reference, sections create_index and
reindex)

It is IMO unclear to the user/read of the docs how the indexes have to be
maintained.

Regards,
Sebastian