Thank you Dennis and Andrea for all your help!

Yes, I am on Windows 10.

I am asking about the VM because I read somewhere in all these links that
the app could corrupt the computer, which I would prefer to avoid ;).

Do we have an estimate on when builds will be released to Windows so I can
contribute?