Hi Stefan,
WKTRaster Plugin just repasses the right information to the GDAL driver.
It's not a new qgis driver.
I'm planning on implementing the table listing using pyqt this week. I was a
little delayed by my master's application.

The idea in the plugin is simply find the QGIS's conections available, list
the raster tables inside postgis and pass the right arguments to the gdal
driver.

At the moment I haven't found any gdal 1.7 windows build with QGIS. GDAL 1.7
introduces wktraster. The driver conects to postgis raster and read it as a
binary. It's still VERY unstable and gdal version 1.8 seems to be greatly
improved.
So what a windows user need to get the plugin to work is a (still not found)
qgis compiled against gdal 1.7.
You can compile your's from source if needed.

So, as far as qgis to wktraster, with the plugin qgis reads the wktraster as
a regular raster. Just for show. If you did some kind of processing and
populated a new raster table, qgis is going to read that result too. The
plugin is not intended (at the moment at least) to raster processing inside
postgis. It just loads the table to the screen.

In the future, with a more stable wktraster probably someone (or me) is
going to write a set of wktraster's tools as a plugin, but for the moment it
should be run as sql. I advise postgis manager's to the task.

Best regards,

Mauricio de Paulo
Engenheiro Cartografo