Nothing is happening with Stella. First this document was not intended
for publication. Thierry Godefroy insisted to do it.

Then in fact Stella is a concept for a range of operating systems.
Tony kept telling me that it would be more efficient to develop
hardware first and then dedicated OSes rather than try to port monster
OSes to different devices.

Let us find a billionaire who would like a real "smart" phone and who
could pay for 10 good programmers during a year, and then Stella could
become something.

I have also come to the conclusion that not only money but also
language is a major brake to evolution. Google "Performance Impact of
Lock-Free Algorithms on Multicore
Communication APIs" and try to read it. This paper more or less comes
to the same conclusions as Tony and a few others. And then the authors
conclude that existing systems should be patched... But where are the
"managers" who can understand this jargon?  I think that they do not
exist.

Arnould

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:13:42 -0500, Dave Park wrote
> Tony
>
> So, what *IS* happening with Stella?
>
> With quiet deference, not personally knowing your policy on
> sacrifices,
>
> Dave
>
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Urs Koenig (QL)
> <q...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
> > Tony Tebby wrote:
> > > 5) The only real barrier is ignorance. The story of Android is
> > illustrative. If, in
> > > 2005, Google had known that they could have developed an
entirely new
> > > operating system and had it up and running sooner than trying to
kludge
> > > something out of Linux, would they have bought Android Inc. for
$50M? Of
> > > course not, but they did not know.
> > First, glad to read from you again!
> >
> > Having to deal with all kind of Windows and Linux systems in my
> > professional
> > life, I must say that the pain is not big enough for most people
and the
> > industry to rethink and restart. That's how human function, look
at cars or
> > electricity for example. Even with global warming and GAU's like
Chernobyl