Thak You Wolf

I tried to create a zip file 70Mb long on a 200Mb
QXL.WIN (with QPC2 + ACP + INFOZIP) and I obtained an "end of file"
error when the length was abou 50Mb.
Do you know why?

If I try this on
ramdisk the zip file is created normally.
If I copy this file from
ramdisk to the 200Mb QXL.WIN I obtain "end of file" error.
Could it be
an INFOZIP bug?

Andrea

Il 23.07.2017 17:23 Wolfgang Lenerz via
Ql-Users ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> there are limits to the QLWA
(i.e.qxl.win) file system, but they
> shouldn't be so small.

Basically, a file is limited to the size of the "disk" (it obviously

can't be bigger than that) minus some overhead (for the FAT, the root

secor and the rot directory). The QLWA system is a FAT type system. each

> entry in the FAT (called "map" in SMSQE parlance) is a word (2 bytes)

> long, so you can't reference more than 65536 clusters (or "allocation

> units"). A file could occupy all of these clusters (minus the
overhead).

> I just created a 400 MB QXL.win disk and copied a 200 MB
file onto it.
> No problem with file size there, it's just pretty slow
under SMSQmulator.

> Qubide isn't that much different, except that
each entry in the FAT
> takes a long word (4 bytes).
>
> HTH

Wolfgang

>> Trying to transfer large files between Windows 10, QPC2,
and QL-Aurora-SGC-Qubide I have noticed that there are big limitations
in the maximum length of the files. I mean: - On QXL.WIN hard drive in
QPC2 I'm not able to generate files longer than 50Mb (End Of file error)
- On the Qubide hard drive the limit is 19Mb (ROM 2.01), but perhaps
also depends on the partition creation choices - On Ram Disk (in QPC2
maximum RAM 128 Mb) I did not find any limits unless the size of the RAM
- I did not find limits on DOS devices from QPC2 except those of the
file system in use on Windows (NTFS) Specifically for QXL.WIN and QUBIDE
do anyone know the exact length limits and why? Thank you Andrea Carpi
Con Mobile Open 7 GB a 9 euro/4 sett navighi veloce con 7 GB di Internet
e hai 200 minuti ed SMS a 15 cent. Passa a Tiscali Mobile!
http://tisca.li/Open7GB0617 [1]

> QL-Users Mailing
List