Hey Guys,

I have finally decided to join this list as my work on QDT progresses
(thanks Marcel for recommending that I try this).  Was putting it off
due to time constraints but now seems like a good time with a cry or two
for help.

I could use some assistance in using C68 in the pointer environment in
passing an event from one job to another, which I can not currently get
to work.

I have tried two scenarios.
1) using sms_sevt and sms_wevt
    - I used the job ID received back as an integer from sms_info for
each job
      . when these were checked they matched the job ID listed with the
SBASIC command jobs but did not include any tag info, etc.
        ? is this the correct job id to use in these calls?  If not, how
can I obtain the correct ID?
    - I set the eventlist for sms_wevt = 0xFF so that it would accept any
event sent it
    - sent an event with sms_sevt to the sms_wevt program
    - nothing received

2) using iop_rptr (enhanced for the upper 8 bits for vectors) and
sms_sevt
   - same job ID as described in 1)
   - assumed that sms_sevt is actually using the upper 8 bits of the
vector list that iop_rptr checks
   - sent event
   - nothing received (checked both upper and lower bytes)

Can anyone help me with this?  If not in C68, then in assembly.  I
should be able to match the two.

I need to do this to communicate between my icon objects and their
associated folder in QDT.

Thanks,
Jim