On 19/05/02 at 20:53 henk verbeek wrote:

>Thanks for all your advice but i finally got it to work. I put the qubide
>and the goldcard together and got my multimeter. I measured if all the
>signals from the ql expansion connector where put through the qubide to
the
>gold card. I discovered this way that there was no through connection from
>the sp0,sp1,sp2,sp3 from the qubide to the gold card. After this i got my
>ql advanced user guide and saw these where the peripheral select lines so
>just soldered 4 wires between the quibide and the gold card to make the
>connection and viola it worked right away.
>I am happy everything is working now but the way in which i succeeded is a
>bit strange i cannot believe it has to be done this way but i made the
>gamble and it works. Is it normal that the qubide doesn't put these
signals
>through ??
>
>Henk Verbeek.

Yes, it is not necessary for these lines to be passed, because neither the
Qubide nor the GC (strictly speaking) use them as they were intended
(Qubide does not use them at all).
These lines are grounded on the QL motherboard (you can check that with a
meter!). The GC/SGC use these as extra ground lines figuring they will be
plugged into a regular QL. Apparently, this may be an issue with your GC.
AFAIK there are 3 versions of the GC PCB but up to now I was not aware this
should make any difference on any of them - maybe there are more versions
that I don't know of?

These lines are not used as intended on any current peripheral and in the
future will be tied to ground on anything I'll make.

Nasta