Roy wrote:

>>I have two proposals for a compromise, that take the commercial needs of
>>Jochen Merz and Roy Wood into account:
>>
>>Proposal 1:
>>
>>Keep the "appointed resellers". Make sure that nobody can get their
>>support, without purchasing the binary from them! E.g. this could be done
>>by registering the users who purchased it. This way, everybody who wants
>>their support and handbooks, is forced to pay. The income for the
>>resellers for their support is then secured. But also allow the free
>>distribution of executables again (first "license"), so non-commercial
>>developmers are sure their work won't be lost or abused. The "appointed
>>resellers" will also benefit if there is more non-commercial work. They
>>are allowed to sell it!
>[...]
>I was actually voting in your favour on this provided you kept the code
>official and it was not a 'patched' or otherwise unofficial version.

Wolfgang, please also have a look!

ROY AND I SEEM TO ALMOST AGREE! (a rarity :-)
CAN WE APPROACH A SOLUTION HERE ???

I have no objections that freely distributed executables are restricted to
the official versions! I agree to destroy "patched" versions then. It was
only meant to help. But no need for that, if "official" work is acceptable,
also for us Qx0 folks.

Peter