> Another system you may want to look at is the lastest version of
Dilwyn
> Jones VIEWER program - this has a links ability in it, not really
HTML, but
> works beautifully. Can link to items within the same document via
the line
> its on just by putting the cursor over it and ENTERing, on load in
another
> doc by using a different kind of  link which you pre-embedd in the
text.
You are welcome to use it (I think QBranch used it for the help or
instructions in PD3/S when they were selling that), but as QDT is a
nice modern GUI and Viewer isn't even pointer driven, there doesn't
seem much attraction to use it. Better I think to go for a fairly
basic levl of HTML, that way people could even create their own help
files with their favourite HTML editor, or something as simple as
Text2Exp or Doc2Html from me, or even use Jack Mitchell's Xchange HTML
printer_dat or xchange_dat which if you print output from Xchange
Quill, it's written as an HTML file (just adds the <HTML><BODY> etc
tags which are sadly too long for ordinary QL Quill's more limited
printer_dat)

> I'm using it to convert a freeware encyclopedia for the PC to the QL
which
> has links in it, which is about half done.

Oh, are you now??? ;-))

Not Probert encyclopedia by any chance as that's something I sat on my
hard drive waiting to be done too - in fact I'd considered using
Q-Mosaic to front it if ever I got the time.

;-))

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]