Tony Firshman wrote:
On  Tue, 24 Jun 2003 at 00:14:53, Lau wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

Tony Firshman wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 at 12:07:46, Lau wrote:

Q. What's the longest monosyllabic word? (Clue: ryrira yrggref)

French - Schtroumpfs

By the look of its web pages, a trade name.

English has scraunched, strenghted & scroonched.

They seem to be all ten letters... try harder.

You didn't say what language, so the French one is valid.

Streyngthes

Apparently some canadians pronounce 'squirrel' as 'squirl' so
'squirrelled'  is another (8-)

I like squirl'd, even though it relies a bit on dialect. My answer, as given in a rather old issue of Scientific American, also relies on a slight trick. As you can be coached, trained, wagonned, carted, bussed, etc., surely you can also be broughammed (broom'd).

(I am beardless on this Malaysian keyboard!)

... and I haven't found anyone who has even _heard_ of the Sinclair QL
in Kuala Lumpur - a feeble attempt to get back ONT

On topic? Why?

--
Lau
http://www.bergbland.info