I agree this would be nice - I have mentioned it previously, but we seem to be barking up the wrong tree to some extent when it comes to using Windows only printers. A filter between QPC2 and the Windows printer driver is really not of any use to the general QL public, as it will not work with original QLs or with the Q40/Q60.

Well, it depends on how you define "general QL public". I estimate that the number of ACTIVE QL software users is actually running their software on QPC (well, I know the sales figures, don't I?) ;-)

And there was no problem, wish and demand for anything but printing solutions (for QLs *AND* QPCs, of which the majority was QPC users).

Well, and like you say: I am not aware of masses of current printers (and "current" means "several years" which can be used with a QL.
Considering that users want a modern printer which can be used on
various systems, I doubt that a dot-matrix printer (yes, you still
get plenty, very expensive ones from EPSON) is the solution.
Look at how many people use QPC on Laptops - it is quite natural
that they would also like it to print on current colour printers,
or portable inkjets etc.

Jochen