In a message dated 08/03/2004 10:11:40 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Heheheee, you might as well tell some of the customers:
> alternative way: write it down yourself using a typewriter.
>
> Jochen
>
> Claude Mourier 00 wrote:
>
>> Alternative way (rather then writing printer driver obsolete in a
>> couple of month) : to provide a way to export documents with all
>> attributes and print then with tools like, saiy, OpenOffice ..

I wonder what kind of documents are written on a QL in order to print
them. What could "all attributes" mean? bold, italic and underline??
Images? Forget it! Different fonts? Forget it! Layout? Forget it!

Prove me wrong but most of the "documents" would be a listing here and
a small letter there. These can be printed without a problem using the
small driver utilities we have for HP and Epson.
Sorry - they cannot be printed with the small driver utilities which we have, unless you have specific printers - most modern, low cost printers (eg 99% of the EPSON range) will only print graphics !!  They do not recognise a string of plain ASCII text sent to them - this is why we are faced with the problem!

If people really want to write a state of the art document, they use
Windows-
or Linux programs anyway, I suppose.

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

Stuck with ordinary dial up internet connection ??
Read our review of internet accelerators and broadband at: