Prove me wrong but most of the "documents" would be a listing here and
    a small letter there. These can be printed without a problem using the
    small driver utilities we have for HP and Epson.

Sorry - they cannot be printed with the small driver utilities which we have, unless you have specific printers - most modern, low cost printers (eg 99% of the EPSON range) will only print graphics !! They do not recognise a string of plain ASCII text sent to them - this is why we are faced with the problem!

Exactly this is the problem - and even if some of them are able to print plain ASCII - this still does not help people with t87 documents etc ... we're NOT all using PC programs - my manuals are still printed from text87, and again - the text87patch shows that I'm not the only one having this problem.

Printing is one of the biggest problems, as far as I can gather from customer emails and phone calls.
You cannot imagine how many people just go out and buy a printer,
and then wonder why QPC does not print anything anymore.
Well, it has been written many times in QL Today and in the newsgroup
etc. - but you just don't find a printer in the media stores anymore which is useable for us...

There is also another problem: the interface. QPC prints,
fortunately, to printers connected via USB, parallel port and
serial port, PROVIDED they "understand" printing commands.
Well, have a look at current printers and you see the problem:
most of them come with USB only.
There are adaptors USB to parallel and USB to serial, but
the other way round...?
I guess that non-QPC users will soon have a second problem
in addition to the printer-language problem: how do I connect
a printer with USB to the Aurora or Q40/Q60?

Jochen