On 09/03/2012 09:45 AM, Arch. Giulio Nuti wrote:
Hi all
I'm trying to install a brand new qmail/qmailroks flavour...
When I try to access the "smtp-server/cgi-bin/vqadmin/vqadmin.cgi" I
receive this error:

Authentication Failed Username unknown

vQadmin was unable to determine your username, which
means your webserver is improperly configured to run
with this CGI.  For security reasons, this script
will not run without Apache htaccess lists.

Instead of the window with "username and password" to login.

I cannot find the way to make the install run correctly.
(httpd is running with two virtualdomains correclty)

Could You help me, pls?
Thanks.

I can't be of help with this.

However, might I suggest QMailToaster (http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com) instead of QMR? It would be much easier to set up QMT, so long as you're not adverse to running CentOS.

Disclaimer: I am project lead for QMT and have been using it for 6 years

--
-Eric 'shubes'

!DSPAM:5044e88634215483813001!