Il 08/11/2012 17:15, Matt Rauch ha scritto:
The best way to do this is to run:

doveadm expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d (if you use
dovecot with MySQL for auth)

or

doveadm expunge -u u...@domain.com mailbox Trash savedbefore
30d (if you use dovecot with vpopmail auth)

Any other script, like "find -exec rm", will break user's
quota since is not updating maildirsize file.

Form more information see

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Expunge
and
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire

Ciao

        Ok so I tested this method with search instead of expunge to see
what would hit. if I try the first command (doveadm expunge -A mailbox Trash
savedbefore 30d), I get an error message:

# doveadm search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d
doveadm(mattr): Error: User listing returned failure
doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users

If I use the second option (doveadm expunge -u u...@domain.com mailbox Trash
savedbefore 30d) it works, but I have to specify the username for each user.
Is there a way to do it so that it affects all users? (which I thought the
-A would do).

The -A need dovecot auth with mysql like this:

## vpopmail
##
# Query to get a list of all usernames.
iterate_query = SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS user FROM vpopmail
#
driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=vpopmail user=vpopmail password=mypwd
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT

user_query = SELECT pw_dir as home, 89 AS uid, 89 AS gid, concat('*:backend=', pw_shell) as quota_rule FROM vpopmail WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d'

password_query = SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS user, pw_passwd AS password, concat('*:backend=', pw_shell) as userdb_quota_rule FROM vpopmail WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d'

What kind of dovecot authentication are you using?

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/

!DSPAM:509bb89333999263299237!