On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:37:39 -0400 (EDT), Michael Puskar wrote:

>Jun 21 16:20:37.811 2001 [20499] pam_authenticate returned 9; gp_errcode=0
>[pop_pass.c:473]
>
>So the problem seems to be somewhere in PAM. I have been looking for what
>the error number 9 means, but with no luck.

Looking at PAM header files in /usr/include/security, it looks like 9
just means authentication failure.

I looked at some of the PAM module documentation (I only have it for
krb4, not 5), you can enable debug in the PAM config for that module,
which might indicate why the module is reporting failure.

Do you see anything in Kerberos' logs? (I don't use Kerberos, but I
would expect its server would at least report the attempt.)

Ken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my
answer on the list.]