Hi there,
I started getting a new error with the latest mclust package version 3.3.1.
My only solution was to install the older package 3.2.1 or even 3.1-10. , (i
think older ones will still work since i ve been using it for a while)

the sentence giving trouble is:

    BIC <- mclustBIC(as.vector(data), G = 1:3, modelNames=c("E"))

Quite often i get "missing groups" suggesting the data is not appropriate
for that clustering into 3 groups. I could not cast the results with NULL
values in order to continue my process.

Does anybody know anything about the new version of this function and how
its effectiveness got reduced so drastically? Its functionalities seem to
behave expanded handling noise etc etc as per changelog.

Any ideas or workaround?

Thanks a lot for the contribution in advance.

Max