I am planning to use Medusa for a diversification study. I need to make the
richness files for my clades of interest because I have incomplete sampling
in my phylogenies. Does anyone know of a script, using a package such as
taxize, to easily create richness information for clades on the tree? It's
more complex than simply getting, say, the number of species per genus (or
other rank), since some clades of that rank have no representatives on the
tree but their species must be accounted for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

All the best,
Katie

Kathryn A. Massana
PhD Candidate, O'Meara Lab
Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
University of Tennessee
569 Dabney Hall
Knoxville, TN 37996