Dear r-sig-phylo community,

I am analysing phylogenetic signal in univariate quantitative traits in
insects. I use Blomberg's K (command phylosignal, library picante). Here I have
two questions:

- how can I test whether K differs from the Brownian Motion Model?

- is it safe to assume phylogenetic overdispersion if the phylogenetic signal
differs both from random and from the BM model?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Florian

Dr. Florian Menzel
Department of Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Zoology
University of Mainz
Johannes-von-M�ller-Weg 6
55128 Mainz, Germany
phone: 0049-6131-3927848
http://www.bio.uni-mainz.de/zoo/evobio/73_ENG_HTML.php

Gemeinsam einen Unterschied machen!
www.synagieren.de<http://www.synagieren.de>

'For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong.' (Henry Louis Mencken)