Dear List,

I'm getting fatal errors when plotting phylo objects, which terminates the
RStudio session.
RStudio started showing me warnings from around last week or so, stating
that something was wrong and that if it wasn't fixed, it will be fatal in
the next update. I haven't updated R or RStudio but it's turned fatal.

The following error message appears if I use just plain R and not RStudio:

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x7fb99a1d8218, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: .C(neworder_phylo, as.integer(nb.tip), as.integer(x$edge[, 1]),
as.integer(x$edge[, 2]), as.integer(nb.edge), integer(nb.edge),     io,
NAOK = TRUE)
 2: reorder.phylo(x, order = "postorder")
 3: reorder(x, order = "postorder")
 4: plot.phylo(tree, show.tip.label = F)
 5: plot(tree, show.tip.label = F)

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

Has anyone been encountering this issue, or know what the cause is?

thanks,
Manabu
--
Manabu Sakamoto, PhD