Dear all,

I’m analysing some chemical compositions of species and considering them as
“traits”, let’s say, 18 different compounds concentration in 37 species. I test
phylogenetic signals in the percentage concentration of these compounds using
Blomberg’s K and Pagel’s lambda using the function “phylosig". In Blomberg’s K
I apply randomisation for the traits values on the tree to have a p-value for
the corresponding trait and in Pagel’s lambda using likelihood test to get the
p-value, resulting in several traits with phylogenetic signals as indicated by
both K and lambda. Because phylogenetic signal is tested one by one, i.e.
repeating 18 times for 18 compounds. Would you suggest that I have to adjust
the p-values using e.g. bonferroni corrections? I have some compounds with
p-values for both K and lambda about 0.02 (e.g. compound “I", K=0.656,
lambda=0.633), while some other about 0.002 (compound “R", K=0.849,
lambda=0.817). Is it safe to conclude that compound “I” also has a phylogenetic
signal?

Any idea will be very appreciated. Thank you!

All the best
Ting-Wen

--
Ting-Wen Chen
J.F. Blumenbach Institute of Zoology and Anthropology