To clarify - the idea here is that you are asking which clades appear in
’subordinate’ trees relative to clades that exist in a consensus tree, and then
interrogating the support values of the shared clades which exist in the
’subordinate’ trees? So for example, clade A appears in consensus tree X, and
also appears in gene trees 1-5 - so this will give me the summary of the
support values for clade A in gene trees 1-5?

Seems like this would be a useful function to interrogate support values among
clades recapitulated in gene trees relative to a species tree. Would there be
an analogue for clades that exist in your consensus that don’t exist in
’subordinate’ trees?

Jake