Hi,

Is there any way to use the updated root() function in ape ver 4.0 to find and
set the midpoint root in a tree? I greatly appreciate the updated root()
function to include the “edgelabel = TRUE” option, so that when I have
bootstrapping support values listed as node labels, they get assigned to the
proper edge of the tree after re-rooting.

However, using the midpoint.root() function from phytools or midpoint() from
the phangorn packages alter the node labels after rooting, and the
bootstrapping values get assigned to the wrong edges.

Thus, I would love to use the new root() function, with “edgelabel = TRUE”
option enabled, to midpoint a tree. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Todd