Hi Sérgio,

It seems your results make good sense. alpha=0 is too far from the "optimum" value (i.e., the value that maximises the log-lik), so the optimisation fails to maximise the log-likelihood with respect to this parameter. It has been written in the literature that it is difficult to estimate reliably alpha in an OU model, and your results seem to confirm this.

Besides, alpha=0 is equivalent to a Brownian motion model. So if your traits are not really evolving according to this model, the GLS fitting procedure may be in difficulty.

You may try:

correlation = corMartins(value=0.9, phy=tree, fixed=FALSE)

If this estimates alpha=0.99, then you may probably rely on this result (after checking the estimates of the coefficients of course).

Best,

Emmanuel