Probably a very easy question, but I could’t find a straightforward answer for
it…
I have a posterior distribution of trees all rooted with a
not-so-closely-related outgroup. I’d like to perform some diversification
analyses (LTT, etc.) just for the ingroup, obviating the outgroup. Is there an
easy way to extract the ingroup (or remove the outgroup) from all the trees
before performing the analyses? I have tried to do it ‘manually’, deleting the
outgroup taxa in Mesquite, but it looks to me that the LTT plots are still
considering some branch lengths from the ingroup to the outgroup clade (kind of
considering a stem-origin, not a crown-origin for the ingroup clade…).

Sorry if the question is too naïve…

best

david

David Buckley
Dpt. Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology
Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales, MNCN-CSIC
c/José Gutiérrez Abascal 2
28006-Madrid
Spain
Phone: +34 91 411 13 28 ext. 1126