From: Santiago S�nchez<mailto:santiago.snc...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:35 AM
To: r-sig-phylo@r-project.org<mailto:r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>
Subject: [R-sig-phylo] need finite 'xlim' values error with plot.phylo

Hello,

I was wondering if there could be a bug in the plot.phylo code. I'm trying
to plot a tree which is scaled in yr units (less than 1 million years).
However I'm getting this error:

Error in plot.window(...) : need finite 'xlim' values

I tried rescaling to kyr and it plots well. Here is a sample test code:

library(ape)
rtr <- rtree(50)
rtr$edge.length <- rtr$edge.length*100000
plot(rtr)
rtr2 <- rtr
rtr2$edge.length <- rtr2$edge.length/1000
plot(rtr2)

Something interesting is that it will plot if I omit tip labels:

plot(rtr, show.tip.label=F)

Cheers,
Santiago
--