Hi Laura.

I think multi2di also performs random resolutions, so if you wanted to generate, say, 100 random resolutions could you not do:

trees<-replicate(100,multi2di(tree),simplify=FALSE)
class(trees)<-"multiPhylo"

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell, Associate Professor of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
blog: http://blog.phytools.org