Hi,

If your adventurous you could probably write your own model  in R or Stan
or similar. The wrapped Normal or the Von Mise distribution are circular
and map from 0 to 2pi. My suggestion would be to include a species level
phylogenetic "random effect" for the mean parameter to account for the
autocorrelation. This is how the MCMCglmm package includes phylogeny.

If you write it as sampling statements it might look like

y ~ MV(mu, k)
mu = a + bx + h
h ~ MVN (Mu, Sigma)

Hope that helps lead you on the right track.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter D Smits