Hi Matthias (and everyone)

Matthias wrote:
> As Tony Hoare said, what do you think of a boater who practices on land
with his swim vest on and then goes to sea and takes the swim vest off?

I think the only way to reply to these sorts of arguments is to wrestle
back the framing!

Do you bet on the Formula I driver whose team includes the most safety
features? ;-)

> We want you to take responsibility for taking the swim vest off.

I love this comment!

* * *

On the Eiffel in contrast to Racket stuff, I appreciate that significant
advances have been made, serious issues addressed, and changes too in your
group's work on Contracts.

For me, as a practitioner, Eiffel did some things very well within its
limitations, and I wasn't affected by the shortcomings too badly.

In moving over to Racket I appreciate the breadth and depth of all the
additional stuff one can do, which — along with the terrific community — is
why I'm here.

>From a technical perspective I'm happy to not mention invariants or
covariance again for now: they don't seem very relevant in the main Racket
use cases.

Thanks again!

Dan