Hi Georges

Thanks for the explanation on 2. Pragmatically, it's just another
contributor to the cost of contract checking.

On 1, I'm (naïvely) baffled as to why the contract should regard an
optional argument as unsupplied when it comes from the default rather than
an explicit passing.

GIven that Racket obliges you to supply a default when declaring an
optional argument, in what sort of situations does the unsupplied case
arise?

Dan