I would like to add, the XCSporthill pants are expensive at $105. But
once you own a pair, and after years of use they begin to wear and
thin, you will gladly pay it again to replace them. They are
indespensible active winter weather gear for me for the last 13 years.
I am on pair number 2 (older and thinner) and 3 (newer and more
robust).