I'm pondering the RDA relationships, as defined in Appendix J. I need clarification ...

A relationship is between two "things". FRBR has lists of Work-Work relationships, Expression-Work relationships, etc. Appendix J lists relationships as either Work, Expression, Manifestation or Item relationships. So...

1) are all relationships in Appendix J between equivalent entities? e.g. are they all Work-Work, Expression-Expression?

2) If not, how can one tell what the two "things" are that are being related?

3) I don't find some relationships that seem to be key:
  - Expression of
  - Manifestation of
  - Item of
  - Translation of (Expression as translation of Work)

I have other questions, but don't want to muddy the waters ... yet.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net