Hi Bernadette,
In the document entitled "Statements of responsibility and AAPs", one finds the
following guidelines:

If you find statements of responsibility on more than one source:

* record in 245 $c only the ones found on the first of the following: same
source as title; cover or jacket; caption; masthead; colophon; anywhere on the
resource, with preference for a source where information is formally presented
(e.g. title page verso, slip case);

* record any obviously important statements from other sources as 500 quoted
notes;

If I'm interpreting this right, it means that Oxford would transcribe, for
example, a statement appearing on the title page verso (e.g., a statement
naming a translator) in a 500 and not in 245 $c if the title page also bears a
statement of responsibility (e.g., for the main author). May I ask what the
rationale is for this practice? My understanding is that RDA still allows
transcribing in 245 $c statements of responsibility that appear in multiple
sources, the only difference with AACR2 being that statements that are taken
from the resource would never be bracketed. The RDA-MARC mapping would seem to
confirm this interpretation since Statement of Responsibility Relating to Title
Proper is mapped to 245 $c only. I would therefore be curious to know what led
you to adopt this practice.

Regards,

Daniel Paradis

Bibliothécaire
Direction du traitement documentaire des collections patrimoniales
Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec

2275, rue Holt
Montréal (Québec) H2G 3H1
Téléphone : 514 873-1101, poste 3721
Télécopieur : 514 873-7296
daniel.para...@banq.qc.ca<mailto:daniel.para...@banq.qc.ca>
http://www.banq.qc.ca<http://www.banq.qc.ca>

Avis de confidentialité
Ce courriel est une communication confidentielle et l'information qu'il
contient est réservée à l'usage exclusif du destinataire. Si vous n'êtes pas le
destinataire visé, vous n'avez aucun droit d'utiliser cette information, de la
copier, de la distribuer ou de la diffuser. Si cette communication vous a été
transmise par erreur, veuillez la détruire et nous en aviser immédiatement par
courriel.