Hi Greg,

Thanks for looking into this. Some time has gone by and I’m not sure if the
changes you were referring to have been checked in yet, but I’m back to trying
to get things running on both macos and linux.

Unfortunately, things seem to be getting worse. While everything seems to build
OK, when I run “make test” on macos, I get only 46% of tests passing. About
half of the failures are seg faults, the other half are failures. Is this to be
expected? On my linux box, it’s actually even worse, 38% of tests passing.

I’m happy to send the list of failing tests, but I figured I’m probably doing
something wrong and that I should get the basics working first before I try to
figure out which specific tests are failing (much less solve my SVG problem).
It’s quite possible that the twisty maze of multiple versions of python (not to
mention python libraries), boost, etc… are rearing the ugly head and I’m not
quite sure where to begin trying to fix things. Suggestions?

thanks,

Cyrus