Dear Gayathree,

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Gayathree Kaluarachchi <
kalpa.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am Gayathree, a level 3 undergraduate from Faculty of Information
> Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am really interested in
> RDKit - 3Dmol.js Integration, a project in GSoC.
> I started to work on it and faced several problems when I was going to
> install Rdkit and ipywidget. I have followed http://www.rdkit.org/
> docs/Install.html#windows to install rdkit and https://ipywidgets.readthe
> docs.io/en/latest/user_install.html#
> <https://ipywidgets.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_install.html> to
> install ipywidgets. But they were not successful.
> So it would be much appreciated, if you could tell me whether I have
> followed correct documents to install them. Also if it is not correct, it
> would be great if you could give me some guidance to setup those
> successfully.

I would strongly suggest using anaconda python (instead of the normal
python distribution):
http://www.rdkit.org/docs/Install.html#cross-platform-under-anaconda-python-fastest-install
After you have installed anaconda (by following those instructions) you can
install ipywidgets with: "conda install ipywidgets"

-greg