On 10/24/2016 04:39 PM, Peter S. Shenkin wrote:

> Or is it
> rather because chemists in your target audience will be thinking of the
> first atom in, say, a structure from an sd file as atom #1?

That

> 2. Regarding the last line, most of the RDKit code I've seen in past
> examples displays the molecule using code like the following. When is it
> necessary/not necessary to remove the "svg" string from the results of
> GetDrawingText()?

Not sure: it's a namespace, I'm assuming ipython can't deal with xml
namespaces. Properly written programs should show it either way,
unfortunately my target viewer is firefox (it's a web application and
the user's default browser is firefox) and firefox isn't one of them.
Without svg:'s it'll show the file as xml text instead of the image.

HTH
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin