I've also encountered this problem with the 2016.09.2 windows packages on the
rdkit conda channel. It looks like somehow the RDConfig patch in the conda
recipe hasn't been applied properly in the published packages.

The original lines in the rdkit are:

    condaDir += ['share', 'RDKit']
    _share = os.path.join(*condaDir)

The conda recipe has a Windows-specific patch to change this to:

    condaDir += ['Library','share','RDKit']
    _share = os.path.sep.join(condaDir)

Which looks fine (although the second line doesn't really need changing?). But
in the published packages it is:

    condaDir += ['share', 'RDKit', 'RDKit']
    _share = os.path.join(condaDir)

This causes the AttributeError because it incorrectly passes a list to
os.path.join, with no asterisk for unpacking the list into *args. The first
line is also incorrect.

I built the package myself from the recipe, and didn't see this issue.

Matt