Apparently there is a work around:

I ran into this bug as well. I ended up forward declaring the template function
for the classes it affected (there weren't many in our code).

e.g. for a class named BisectLine:

namespace boost
{
template<> const volatile BisectLine* get_pointer(const volatile BisectLine* p)
{ return p; }
}

Ug.  Perhaps this can be automated...

----