Hi Paul,

I just tried the example Notebook that you provided and it runs just as in Greg's blog post, i.e. with the interactive slider (see attached screenshot).
This is the configuration I used (in Anaconda):

python 3.5.3
rdkit                     2017.03.2
notebook                  5.0.0
ipywidgets                6.0.0