On 06/22/2017 03:18 PM, Maciek Wójcikowski wrote:
Hi,

I'd suppose the latest version if not in PPA (I dont know such repo) is available in Debian Sid/Experimental. Unfortunately it's still two versions behind. https://packages.debian.org/sid/python-rdkit It's still a year newer that the one you have.

You might also try packages from newer versions of Ubuntu: Zetsy already has the 2016.3 version https://packages.ubuntu.com/zesty/python-rdkit

Yes, but it will probably try to pull many other things to a more recent version (like libstdc++, boost and I don't know what else).

In a perfect world, we would just need to do:

make deb # in rdkit source tree

Some people might ask for a make rpm target also.

I'll tell my adventures if I manage to do something useful.

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl <mailto:mac...@wojcikowski.pl>

    I'm not aware of any such repository.

    The debichem team (really Michael Banck) puts together the debian
    RDKit releases that end up in ubuntu:
    https://debichem.alioth.debian.org/
    <https://debichem.alioth.debian.org/>

    This isn't an area that I know anything about, but here's the part
    of their SVN repo that has the RDKit stuff, perhaps that is useful?
    https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/rdkit/debian/
    <https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/rdkit/debian/>

    -greg

    On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Francois BERENGER
    <beren...@bioreg.kyushu-u.ac.jp
    <mailto:beren...@bioreg.kyushu-u.ac.jp>> wrote:

        Hello,

        I'd like to install rdkit system-wide.

        However, I'd like the install to use a regular system package
        since rdkit is available in my distro.

        I don't like system-wide install from sources.
        Because they tend to install things in different places
        than what the binary package does, and several other sysadmin
        reasons.

        If there is some doc online on how to update the .deb
        packages for Ubuntu/Debian, I might have a look at them.

        Regards,
        F.

        PS: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS ships rdkit 201503-3