On 2017-06-22 01:36, Francois BERENGER wrote:

make deb # in rdkit source tree

Some people might ask for a make rpm target also.

You'd have to track any changes that redhat, canonical, suse, and whoever else's out there might make to e.g. filesystem layout, linked libraries, python and so on.

There is snap packages and AppImage packages. I've no idea if either is suitable for shared libraries with python libraries etc.

I'd just grab the newer source .deb and try to build it on your system.

Dima