Hello Reichart,

Although I'm not running on Linux I believe my little "quick-font-hack"
function will help you ;)

put this function in your user.r (watch out line breaks):

-------------------snip---------------------------
set-default-font: func [
 "sets default font for /View"
 font-blk [block! word!] "block of font attributes"
 ][
 system/standard/face/font: make system/standard/face/font font-blk
 system/view/vid/vid-face/font: make system/view/vid/vid-face/font font-blk
 foreach [w s] system/view/vid/vid-styles [s/font: make s/font font-blk]
]
-------------------snip------------------------------

then you can use for example:

set-default-font [
    name: "fixedsys" ;or your favorite font
]

you can also put into the block any of these standard font parameters:
[
    name: "arial"
    style: none
    size: 12
    color: 0.0.0
    offset: 2x2
    space: 0x0
    align: 'center
    valign: 'center
    shadow: none
]

(for more information about these parameters see /View docs)

regards,

Cyphre

PS: Reichart,have you any news regarding the Rebol-job opportunity at
Prolific? ;)