On 30 September 2016 at 19:03, Mahdi, Sam <sam.mahdi....@my.csun.edu> wrote:
> Hi Edward,
>
> So the GUI problems came from relax 2.2.5 The actual output is big, so I
> will only post where the errors started
> relax> monte_carlo.error_analysis()
>
> relax> results.write(file='devnull', dir='pipe_name', compress_type=1,
> force=True)
> Opening the null device file for writing.
> Traceback (most recent call last):

[snip]

> "/usr/local/Relax/relax-2.2.5/test_suite/system_tests/scripts/n_state_model/paramag_centre_fit.py",
> line 121, in <module>
>     print("A:\n" % cdp.align_tensors[0])
> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

[snip]

> That was for relax 2.2.5

These issues were fixed a long, long time ago ;)

> This is the output for relax 4.0.2 It seemed to run and finish, but it gave
> a bunch of errors that stated
> (python:28738): IBUS-WARNING **: Create input context failed: Timeout was
> reached.
>
> This warning basically takes up the entire terminal. Followed by this

These issues are with your Ibus input system, which I guess you have
set up for a few Indian languages on top of English, interacting with
wxPython (again a Fedora configuration issue).  Those are wxPython
messages which are not related to relax.  You should run the wxPython
demos and see if you can type with different Ibus languages, and see
if you get these same Ibus warnings.  No need to report back here
about that though - it would be of more benefit to report this
upstream to Fedora.

Regards,

Edward