On 5 October 2016 at 22:01, Mahdi, Sam <sam.mahdi....@my.csun.edu> wrote:
> Hi Troels,
>
> The mpirun --np 2 gave no output, so I had to abort the command, but here is
> the output.
> crowlab: [~]> python -c "import mpi4py; print mpi4py.__version__"
> 1.3.1
> crowlab: [~]> mpirun --np 2 python -c "from mpi4py import MPI; print
> MPI.COMM_WORLD.Get_rank()"
> ^Ccrowlab: [~]>

Hi Sam,

This result I'm pretty sure shows that mpi4py is not functioning
correctly - i.e. there is an installation problem.  This is what you
should see:

[edward@localhost ~]$ mpirun --np 2 python -c "from mpi4py import MPI;
print MPI.COMM_WORLD.Get_rank()"
0
1
[edward@localhost ~]$

Note the printout of 0 and 1.  Maybe try the following:

[edward@localhost ~]$ mpirun --np 5 python -c "import mpi4py; from
mpi4py import MPI; print('Mpi4py %s process %d of %d on %s.'
%(mpi4py.__version__,
MPI.COMM_WORLD.Get_rank(),MPI.COMM_WORLD.Get_size(),
MPI.Get_processor_name()))"
Mpi4py 1.3.1 process 0 of 5 on localhost.localdomain.
Mpi4py 1.3.1 process 1 of 5 on localhost.localdomain.
Mpi4py 1.3.1 process 4 of 5 on localhost.localdomain.
Mpi4py 1.3.1 process 2 of 5 on localhost.localdomain.
Mpi4py 1.3.1 process 3 of 5 on localhost.localdomain.
[edward@localhost ~]$

If you don't see a printout here, then clearly mpi4py and OpenMPI are
not working together correctly.  Without a printout, your mpi4py is
FUBAR.  Are you using the default OpenMPI and mpi4py packages form
fedora, and you don't have any backports or other non-standard sources
set up for your RPMs?  Do you have any user installed MPI or mpi4py
software around?  If you type:

$ locate mpi

What do you see?  For me this is pretty clearly an installation problem.

Regards,

Edward