From: conlawprof-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:conlawprof-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Samuel Bagenstos
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 5:15 PM
To: John Q. Barrett <barre...@stjohns.edu>
Cc: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics <religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu>;
conlawp...@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: Noteworthy, puzzling scholars' brief in Arlene Flowers

In other words, if Ollie sells BBQ to black customers at a takeout window and
refuses to serve them inside because he doesn’t believe in celebrating indoor
racial integration/because that is against his religious beliefs, he wins?—I
think and hope not.

As I'm sure you know, those were basically the facts in McClung itself.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 4:58 PM, John Q. Barrett