I never read Smith that way — it was a straight up carte blanche to the
legislative and executive branches provided the law was neutral and generally
applicable — no weighing of competing interests involved.

Steve
--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar
Assoc. Dir. of International Programs

"A life directed chiefly toward the fulfillment of personal desires sooner or
later always leads to bitter disappointment."

Albert Einstein