Dear Reinhard and Tony Wang,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have deeply appreciated all of them.

Motorised „beam knife edge“ would be a nice thing. However, I have already
asked for its price and it is really not cheap…

I have made a few preliminary scans with the Variable Detector Opening mode
(VDO), which seems to be useful for this purpose. However, it produces very
noisy data at low angles (close to the start angle), where fewer channels are
open.  I will try other scans with different opening window of the detector at
the beginning.

Petr Bezdicka has also mentioned (in our  private today´s morning talk), that
reducing the detector window to e.g. 1° for whole scan can be also worth
trying.

Reinhard, please, could you send me in a picture of the mentioned blade (the
blade itself and its position in diffractometer)?

Thank you again,

Frantisek Laufek