At 7:36 AM -0500 3/22/00, Anthony Kirlew wrote:
>I have heard much talk of the security issue recently.  Here is one way to
>get around this.  Lets say you have a file called "private". You could put
>it in a folder called "icons" (or some other generic name) and then do a
>disallow on "/icons" that way you wouldn't be giving away the name of your
>private directory. Here is an example:

Right. The real issue is putting sensitive information
in filenames/URLs, not exposing URLs. If the filenames
are /project12/doc0004.html, then nothing is exposed.
The same goes for hostnames. Don't have a machine named
"palm-killer" or "wireless-search" unless you want people
to know about it.

That is why projects use code names.

wunder