Suppose I have a site.  A fairly large and popular site that is some sort
of message board type site, with several million or so unique and
legitimate messages.

Suppose the URLs for the messages are all in the form
http://site/foo/showme.foo?msgid=6666 where 6666 identififes the message.

Suppose I want common robots to index it, since the messages do
contain useful content, so it is to their advantage because it
gives them real and useful content that gives them better results
than other engines that don't index them, and to my advantage to
have it indexed since it brings people to the site.

Am I out of luck with most of them because most robots won't spider
URLs with "?"s in them?  Any choice but to convert to using a URL
format that doesn't include a "?"?  That is doable, but is obviously a big
pain.

Does anyone know if popular search engine companies can be convinced
to include such URLs if specially requested for a particular site
(and if I can assure them that they won't end up wandering an
infinite virtual URL space), and how that convincing would be done?

Thanks.